24 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Staff Accountant for an opportunity with a client located in Buckingham, TX.
- Performs general accounting and other related duties for the organization
- Prepares monthly consolidated financial statements and provides reporting to the parent company
- Maintains the general ledger and performs period-end closings
- Reconciliation between the administrative system and general ledger
- Maintains fixed asset schedules and depreciation/amortization of assets
- Reconciles bank accounts, verify deposits and addresses inquiries from banks
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform an annual audit
- Ensures SOX compliance and helps to create and implement policies in accordance with SOX rules
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of GAAP and financial accounting practices
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with an exceptional knowledge of Excel
- Extensive Oracle knowledge
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, mainly when essential deadlines cause higher than normal departmental pressures
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.