12 days ago
Signature Consultants is seeking a Software Engineer for an opportunity with a client located in Des Moines, IA.
- Design, build, deploy, test, and debug components in accordance with SDLC best practices
- Utilize cloud native design patterns to implement product capabilities at scale
- Analyze functional and technical requirements and convert these specs into a technical design
- Identify and develop methods to improve data reliability, security, protection, efficiency and quality of data assets and processes
- Required to design, build, deploy, test, and debug components as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the SDLC
- Troubleshoot and facilitate timely resolution of technical issues
- Drive engineering best practices with TDD and BDD methodologies
- Modernize existing legacy applications, writing production ready code using software development best practices
- Work with the Product teams and participate in the process of creating/estimating and refining user stories/requirements
- Establishes strong working relationships and fosters an environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Investigate/evaluate new technologies for use within our business solutions
- 6+ years software engineering experience
- 4-6 years of software development experience with Strong Programming skills and expertise in Python/PySpark, Java
- 4+ years of enterprise level, full-stack development experience with relational database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server) and data warehousing principles
- Demonstrated experience with cloud (GCP/Azure), with a preference to candidates that have modernized on-premise systems into the cloud
- Proficiency with Unix and Linux command line tools on Windows/Linux Operating System.
- Knowledge of big data ecosystem
- Results-oriented team player, with the ability to handle a rapidly changing set of projects and priorities while maintaining a strong professional presence
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of users ranging from very technical to non-technical
- Experience in application containerization and having experience in on-premise and cloud
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 888.838.1020.